Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to Fix a Terrible, No-Good, Awful Day

I am officially a hater of Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not through any real fault of the days themselves, but rather due to 7 1/2 hours of class followed generally by about 2-3 hours of work. Today's stress load was only exacerbated by the fact that I found out about a semi-large homework assignment only hours before it was due (leaving me literally only about an hour and a half between classes to complete it), the fact that I got six points marked off an "Opportunity" (the Education Department's laughable new jargon for an exam) that shouldn't have been marked off, and a particularly depressing group activity in my second-to-lass class, when I was placed with two of the most dominant personalities in the classroom. Any one of these things would not have been a big deal on any other day, but Tuesdays and Thursdays just can't hold much more stress than they already do--it's like shaking up a Dr. Pepper bottle right before opening it and hoping it won't explode: it just doesn't work. Something had to be done. I came home a cranky mess, with a buzzing brain and a serious craving for ice cream. Matt said he wanted a Fat Boy. So we cooked up a plan--in the fifty-five minutes left to us before our dinner group started, we would go on a high adventure out to Richmond to find the mysterious Fat Boy factory, which I've been hearing off and on for the six years I've been a Logan-ite.

We set out to find it, without a map and with hardly more than an address. After a wrong turn that led us down to a bunch of cows, we finally found the mystical factory of fun and Fat Boys and bought ourselves a box of 50 Fat Boy rejects for only $14. Yes folks, you heard correctly--$14 (including tax). I now have 48 Fat Boys stacked back to missing back on our freezer door, just waiting for another no good, awful day (i.e. Thursday).

So there you have it folks: the perfect recipe to destress your day--a whole lotta sugar and a really amazing bargain.

Oh, and we went to the gym after. That didn't hurt either :)

2 comments:

  1. i strongly dislike tuesdays also. sorry you had a poopy day, but ice cream is a good fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun all the stress :(. AAaaaand you have convinced me of my need to find the Fat Boy factory for myself and stock up the freeze. I'm glad you and Matt find good ways to de-stress :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10