Monday, November 30, 2009

Transferred!

Well, after 7 months in Sensunpan, the inevitable happened. I have been transferred (as of October 26) to Versailles in the department of La Libertad on the coast. My new (tiny) companion is Hermana Jiminez from Guatemala.
On November 12th we had a multizona (big meeting with all the missionaries in different zones and President Lopez). Hermanas from left to right: Guillen (companion of Poteet in the blue), me, Castro and Marroquin (who live with us) and my companion Jimenez.
It was great to see Hermana Poteet again. She was the first person I met in the MTC in Provo who was going to El Salvador as well, and our paths have never stopped crossing since.
The flooding that has been going on down here is crazy. Mostly the eastern mission was affected, but there were some casualties here as well. We had the opportunity along with our zone and one other zone to put together relief kits of food and other necessities. I somehow ended up in a line with the elders catching boxes of supplies. As a result, I've been VERY stiff and sore this week.
It wouldn't be a Mormon service project without a snack. Here we are enjoying our refreshment of incaparina (a random drink that's a little like liquidized oatmeal).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10