Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Life in General

Baptisms are probably one of my very favorite things out here in the "mission field." This is Maximiliano Marinero, an 86-year-old ex-evangelical preacher, who has really had a miracle unfold in his heart and in his life as he has embraced the Gospel. The key to his change of heart was the Book of Mormon. It was truly wonderful when he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and expressed the peace and joy that came over him when hands were laid upon his head so he could receive this gift.
Another thing I really love about life here are the pupusas. I'm not sure how many I've eaten so far, but suffice it to say, I've quit counting!
Our bishop (obispo) is a wonderful man. He is so excited about the work that Hermana Pasi and I are accomplishing here that he has entreated our mission president to leave us together for awhile yet.
These two jovenes (youth) posed with us the day before they left for the CCM in Guatemala to begin their missions. Erick Moreno is on the left and Victor is on the right.

1 comment:

  1. I love the crazy faces in the fun pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10