Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In El Salvador at Last!

After a 4:30 a.m. departure time and a six hour bus ride, I'm finally here in El Salvador. I stayed in San Salvador at the mission home for one day and then took another hour and a half bus ride to my first area. It is called Sensonapan and is in the Sonsonate zone. My companion is Hermana Pasi from Hawaii. She is a such a warm and friendly person and is a really hard worker so we get along great.
Our living accommodations are very basic, to say the least. Here is a picture of our shower which is really just a little jet of water that comes out of the wall. We have to shut each other in from the outside by a hook or else the door flies open. The furniture in our apartment consists of two beds, a table, a shelf to put our clothes on and a refrigerator.
Our one and only sink is made of concrete and currently, we have no way to cook in our apartment as the stove is broken. It's lucky I like peanut butter because peanut butter sandwiches and fruit make up the bulk of our meals. It's truly an adventure here already and I am loving every moment of this amazing opportunity to serve the Lord and share the gospel with my brothers and sisters here in Central America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10