Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The CCM (Guatemala MTC)

I love the CCM. My companion, Sister Martin, is from Montana and grew up on a ranch. She is an English Major like me and even wants to go to Utah State after her mission. Needless to say, we get along famously! She is going to serve her mission in Guatemala.
Hermanas Poteet and Schmidt were my original companions (for one day) the day I first arrived in Provo, and then they traveled with me to Guatemala. They are nursing missionaries and will also be serving in El Salvador. We wanted to show everyone the flags of all the places we have served in so far (or will serve in).
One funny thing they do here is point with their lips instead of their fingers or hands. Elders Morgan, Sigler, and Larson, me, Elder Judy and Hermana Martin are trying hard to get the hang up it before we go into the field.
President David Christensen is the CCM President here in Guatemala. He and his wife are such wonderful people. I have grown to love them so much.
Well, it's February 27 and tomorrow morning I'll be leaving the CCM along with all the other missionaries in this picture. It's hard to believe how many people I've come to know and love in such a short time. It will be hard as we all go our different ways but hopefully our paths will cross sometime in the future. I thought I cried a lot when I left the MTC in Provo, but this goodbye was way harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10