Just dropping these Halloween pics in here for fun since I don't know what else to do with them...
And yes, I know Raven's trick-or-treat bucket is the ghetto-est of ghetto.
At least I washed it beforehand, eh?
1. On Sunday, I had a 4-year-old ask me if I was expecting another baby. I'm sure it was perhaps due to the way that I was resting my hand on my stomach (or due to the fact that I'm a perpetual slouch), but you'd better believe the comment got me out and going running first thing Monday morning (which was a necessary push, really, considering that I've been the world's most terrible runner ever since my half marathon).
Apparently I just need to hang around 4-year-olds more---then my motivation would never lapse.
2. I went and visited my old stomping grounds today--aka, the intermediate school where I taught for four years--to have lunch with my former colleagues and catch up with everyone. Although I absolutely miss my coworkers (and the presence of regular conversations with other adults throughout my day), I can unequivocally say with absolute certainty that I don't miss teaching at all. Not even the littlest bit.
That's kind of a relief to realize (again), actually.
3. Our apartment is a bona fide disaster zone at the moment. We're doing a massive yard sale on Saturday with the stuff we bought at auction from the storage sheds, and there are just piles and piles everywhere. It basically has zapped all of my desire to do housework of any kind because anything I do doesn't really make a difference in how the place looks.
So if you were planning an impromptu visit to see if we had chocolate chip cookies on hand (we do, actually), you'd better save it for next week, when this craziness will have died down by about 90%.
4. I finally got sucked onto the Gilmore Girls train. I'd been purposely avoiding the show my whole adult life (even when--and maybe especially because--a former roommate of mine was obsessed with it and was always blowing through different seasons of it), but when we ran out of regular shows to watch on Netflix that appealed to both me and to Matt, we both grudgingly gave it a try.
And you know what?
I kinda like it.
Some of the characters so far might bug me a teensy bit, but I love all the book references and nerdy literary jokes that have come up so far.
We're only about four or five episodes into Season One, but I think it will pass the "worth watching all possible seasons" test. (Unlike some shows. Like Galavant. Phooey.)
5. Matt and I have decided to somewhat participate in NaNoWriMo again this year (National Novel Writing Month, to all you non-writerly people out there). The real NaNoWriMo challenge has you writing 50,000 words by the end of the month, but in our version, we just say we're going to write every night and then compete against each other for word count.
You know it's a bad sign though when on the very first day of the challenge (yesterday), I didn't write a single word (and instead chose to go to my hip hop aerobics class and finish reading a book that was due back to the library soon).
Maybe once we decide on what the prize for the winner will be this year, I'll get my butt more into gear.
And that's a wrap! Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!