Friday, February 8, 2013

Nice to Meetcha


So . . . it's come to my attention that seemingly overnight, I have acquired a lot of new readers. And since part of the reason why I got into the blogging world was because I liked getting to meet like-minded people, I decided that today, I want to meet you.

But before I ask YOU to get all up close and personal with me, I guess I'd better start by introducing myself first.

My name's Torrie.
My husband is Matt.
We live in Utah.
I teach 7th grade Language Arts.
I sometimes like it.
I sometimes hate it.
I am currently trying to get over a mild Dr. Pepper addiction.
I am doing that by feeding my Tootsie Roll addiction.
I like to read, write, and try to teach myself new things (hence the blog title).
My most current dream is to finally have enough money to buy a nice camera.
My husband is trying to convince me to warm up to the idea of getting a dog.
I don't want to.
I can play most sports, but none of them very well.
However, I was never the kid that was picked last, either. Just puttin' that out there.
I actually really like to exercise, when I take the opportunity.
I ran my first marathon last year.
(I'll be honest--I haven't run very much since!)
I still love running though.
I wish I were a better artist.
I really wish that I was a dancer (I am teaching social dance twice a week at my school, so that's pretty much the closest I'll get to that fantasy).
I recently learned to love to cook, and I'm in the middle of a semi-difficult transition of trying to eat more vegetarian (simply because, I'll admit it--I hate how expensive meat is).

Um...that's all I've got for now.

So now, I want YOU to do something for me:

Go ahead and leave me a comment. If you need a jumping-off point to help you introduce yourself, go ahead and consider some of the following questions:
Name?
Location?
Married/Single?
Kids?
Occupation?
Passions?
Do you have a blog? (If so, leave the link--I promise I'll check it out. I love finding new blogs!)
Weird quirks?

So go ahead--let's grab a virtual cup of hot chocolate together as we have a little chat.

Can't wait to meet you!

8 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you know most of my answers to that question so I'll tell you a weird quirks. You might know this since I've posted about it. I hate bare feet, like with a passion. So does that count as a quirk and a passion? haha. Congrats on your new readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new readers. That's pretty darn awesome, girl! You are so awesome though, so I'm not surprised. Where in Utah do you live again? I live in Alpine! I'm married, have no kids! I'm a writer and am passionate for music. I think you know my blog & I'm just weird...all together. haha!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know me.
    probably more than you'd like to sometimes.
    the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Mara said. I wish my blog was as cool as yours. I only have 4 followers... but that's okay since I blog about once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I know you, and you know me! We are as different as the sun and the sea..."
    (but not really all that different).
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post - it's so true, blogging is a really great way to meet people! My name is Lauren and my husband is Chris - we're newlywed, this upcoming Monday is six months! Time flies, ya know? We're starting a new adventure and moving from California to Utah. The big move is in exactly one week! Kind of scary but REALLY exciting. Where in Utah do you live? We'll be in Logan so my husband can go to school and I can work at Utah State. And heck yes I blog! =]

    Kisses from the Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ****************************************************************************
    I just wanted to personally say thank you for giving me the chance to win a Kindle Fire!! I was so excited and gave you all a shout-out on my blog today! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :-)
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom
    ****************************************************************************

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Torrie! I know you know me, but you might not know that I read your blog regularly, probably since I am lame and I never leave comments. I love your recipes and your organizational tips. John and I are also trying to eat vegetarian a couple of nights a week, so I have tried a couple of your recipes. I recently found a good veggie chili recipe, so I will send it to you and you can see what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10