Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Student Teaching Placement


I had meant to post this when I found out about it. But then I forgot because I somehow thought that I'd already done it. But then I remembered that I never did.

So I got my student teaching placement.

And I'm at a middle school.

The problem is, I never even WENT to a middle school.

What I mean is, when I went to that nightmarish in-between school, it consisted of grades 7-9 and was called junior high. And I hated it.

But now they've apparently invented middle school for grades 6-8 and left the 9th graders to fend for themselves in high school.

I could be teaching TWELVE-YEAR-OLDS, people. That's crazy.

If I wanted to be an elementary teacher, I would have gone into elementary.

But after reflecting on it for the past two weeks and wearing everyone out with my complaining,
I decided I'd better just be happy about it because it means that I'm that much closer to getting to where I want to be: a graduated 25-year-old with a teaching license.

So there you go.

But if any of you have any encouragement for me, I won't complain...

In fact, I could really use some.


Feel free to encourage away.



1 comment:

  1. oh torrie. thinking about us when we were 12 and the good times we had in mrs. uhl's class...you'll be awesome! she loved us somehow! and you'll have fun with your kids too. although i don't necessarily envy you ;) but after all the hard work you've put into this degree so far, now's not the time to be discouraged! you're creative and smart, you'll find ways to work through it. good luck dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10