Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Pictures From the Last Month

For my birthday, my friends took me out to Winger's for dinner (above), and earlier Manuel took me out to a new restaurant on Main Street called the Blackstone and bought me a gorgeous arrangement of tigerlilies, red roses, and sunflowers. Even though I still had to go to school and do homework and all that fun stuff, I had a great birthday. It's super weird to be 22 and I feel like I'm growing up way too fast, but what can ya do? I've learned a ton over the last year especially, and I'm glad I waited this extra year to turn in my mission papers; I'm much more prepared to go now than I would have been a year ago.

This is Matt and me at the Saturday morning session of General Conference (I also went to the Sunday morning session with Manuel). Matt's dad is in the Tabernacle Choir, so we had KILLER seats--about 6 or 7 rows back from the front on the far right, behind all the missionaries. Between that and the fact that the first couple talks were completely about missionary work, I got positively giddy at the thought that this would be me in just a few short months. Hooray! After, Matt and I went to what is now probably our favorite place to eat together--the downtown Leatherby's. SOO good. It brings back all sorts of memories when I used to go down to the one at the Five Points with Kayla every week, or with Grandma and Grandpa Austin on special occasions.

Last week, after Liz and I and our friend Will went to Manuel's soccer game, we all decided on the spur of the moment to buy these huge 4o-lb pumpkins and have a carving contest. It took us two consecutive nights of staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning to finish, but here's the finished product--I think it turned out rather rad, if I do say so myself. Manuel did the design though, so I can't take credit for that. But I will take credit for the left half and body of the spider and part of the web.



I took these last two when Mom and I went to see Jill and the girls after I got some of my shots for the mission. The top picture of Zoe seriously cracks me up--she was so dirty! She had drawn chalk all over her face and would keep coming up to me to deposit all her chalk into my lap. Mom pointed out that the two new babies would be Zoe's age when I got home--how strange is that? I'll really miss not being able to see my two new nephews grow up that first 18 months...hopefully Chris and Sarah will send lots of pictures!

Well, that's about all for now. School's still going really well; sometimes it surprises me HOW well it's going, considering that I sometimes procrastinate WAY too much (like yesterday--I wrote one of my essays in literally 20 minutes, right before class started). Hopefully I'll be more on top of things this week so I won't have to crunch things that close next time.

I can't believe November's only about a week ago--where is this semester/year going?! It's a good thing though--the only thing on my mind is mission mission mission, so the sooner it comes, probably the better. Only three months and one week left to go...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun! I am excited for you, but I still don't want you to be away that long!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10