Sunday, August 10, 2008

Poetry Sunday

I've gone to two weddings in the past two weeks--my friend Josh's (from high school) and my stepbrother Ryan's, and even though I always roll my eyes a bit whenever I have to go to a reception, I do like the feeling of weddings. There's such hope in them, and faith. And whenever I watch the newlyweds steal a kiss or a lingering gaze, or let myself get caught up in watching all the various children play around with each other at the receptions, I am reminded that it's moments like these that make life amazing.

I am so grateful for those moments; they are what carry me through the moments that are a little harder to endure. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by so many good things (and wonderful people) every day of my life--I truly feel I've been blessed beyond measure, which is why I'm going to share this particular poem today.

"i thank You God for most this amazing"
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes 

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)


how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
-e.e. cummings

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful and poignant poem with even more beautiful picture subjects. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography, Torrie. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I love reading your thoughts :)

01 09 10